Are you looking for a role that really allows you to stretch yourself and gives you access to a wide range of projects and challenges?
An exciting career opportunity as a HR Assistant has arisen with Snows Group, the South’s leading automotive motor group.
Snows Group has been operating for over 50 years and currently has over 750 employees across Hampshire, Dorset, Devon, Somerset, Surrey, Wiltshire and the Isle of Wight.
Following year on year growth we have identified a need for additional resource within this key team at our Head Office in Southampton to help us meet the needs of the business now and as we expect to grow over the coming 18 months.
Providing administrative support to management and the employee base you’ll be familiar with the administrative needs and demands within the HR environment and thrive on delivering accurate and timely information against deadlines in a fast moving business.
Naturally proactive and adept at using your initiative you’ll ensure we remain on course whilst juggling competing demands from over 82 people managers and 6 Board Directors.
HR Assistant Responsibilities
- To liaise with our management population in raising accurate and timely starter/leaver/transfer documentation
- To support our employees with general queries received via telephone and email
- To co-ordinate maternity and paternity arrangements for your key accounts in line with Group policy
- To assist in the collation of management reports including staff turnover, partner contracts and organisation charts
- To conduct driving licence audits periodically at our 28 dealerships
- To administrate the Group’s fuel card arrangements on a monthly basis with the other HR Assistant’s
- To assist in the provision of accurate and timely information for our payroll department
- To provide support for any ad hoc projects received into the department
Ideal Educational Requirements / experience for the HR Officer role
- Ideally Level 3 CIPD Qualified although not essential
- Fluent written and spoken English
- 2 years experience working at HR Administrator level
- PC, Microsoft and web literate
Competencies and Abilities for HR Assistant role
- Be able to plan, organise self and meet agreed work deadlines
- Ability to listen, advise and support employee base with HR queries
- Able to assimilate new information quickly
- Able to maintain quality of work even when working to tight deadlines
- Able to react positively to organisational and market changes
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Able to research a subject and come up with appropriate solutions
Benefits for HR Assistant Role
- Competitive salary depending on level of experience
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays
- Free parking
- 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm with an hour for lunch
- CIPD Study support may also be available for the right candidate
- Staff Purchase Scheme:Once an employee has successfully completed 3 months employment they may purchase either vehicles, parts, accessories or labour from the Company at significantly subsidised rates.
- Child Care Vouchers: We are pleased to offer a flexible way to meet the cost of childcare, where employees are able to exchange a portion of their salary for a variety of Childcare Vouchers.
- Life Assurance:Company paid death in service benefit
- Pension: Snows Motor Group is pleased to offer a contributory pension scheme in line with the new government legislation. When you pay in so do we!
In addition to all of this Snows Motor Group is committed to ensuring its employees receive the best training both in house and via its manufactures.
We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the close date please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
At this time we do not require the assistance of any recruitment agencies.